Abilities Taskforce Mission
The mission of the Abilities Caucus is to create awareness about all forms of abuse including domestic, intimate partner, sexual violence and oppression and to advocate for initiatives in upholding human rights and needs of all Ohio survivors/co-survivors with varying abilities through national multi-disciplinary collaboration.
Goals of the Abilities Task Force include:
- To advocate for the human rights and needs of survivors/co-survivors with varying abilities in Disability and Deaf/Hard of Hearing/Deaf Blind communities
- To increase public awareness on abuse, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and oppression and the impact of prevalence among survivors/co-survivors in these respective communities
- To facilitate Anti-Oppression training sessions for Ohio regions in partnership with the Ohio Domestic Violence Network (ODVN).
- To develop accessible online information for survivors/co-survivors in these communities within Ohio
- To educate political entities in Ohio on the human rights and needs of survivors/co-survivors in these communities in partnership with ODVN
- To engage in educational activities designed to aid in the development of legislation supportive in reinforcing human rights of survivors of abuse, domestic, intimate partner, and sexual violence in partnership with ODVN
- To advocate for transformation into culturally sensitive and accessible services within service delivery systems to fully address the issues related to abuse, domestic, intimate partner, and sexual violence for survivors with varying abilities in these communities
- To provide leadership in development of best practice protocols on effective multi-disciplinary response to crime victims with varying abilities who disclose abuse, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, and sexual violence in the state of Ohio
- To encourage collaboration among Abilities Task Force members and agencies serving these communities in a partnership to secure funding streams in addressing these issues for survivors/co-survivors of these communities in Ohio
- To strengthen collaborative efforts in implementing the goals and objectives of the Abilities Task Force through facilitation of a statewide networking process between task force members and agencies serving these communities
For more information about the Abilities Task Force, please contact Olivia Montgomery at email@example.com.