Trainings & Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Developing and Supporting ‘Men as Survivors’ Support Groups
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
One event on January 26, 2024 at 10:00 am
This two day training is provided by Kenton Kirby and Diana Thomas from Men Healing.
The primary objectives of the training and accompanying workshop will include the following:
• Participants will gain historical and practical knowledge about providing ancillary services (support groups) to men who are survivors of sexual violence
• Participants will learn best practices for recruiting and retaining members of men’s survivor support groups
• Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge of curriculum development and selecting learning topics for men as survivors
• Participants will learn practices for building capacity to support and maintain men’s survivor support groups and other relevant men’s programming
• Participants will gain confidence in their ability to provide support group services regardless of their gender identity.
The 1st day (1/25 from 9:30am-2:30pm) will be hosted virtually on zoom to provide foundational information.
The 2nd day (1/26 from 10am-3:00pm) will be hosted in-person at the State Library of Ohio where folks can receive coaching with attendees for building effective group curriculums for men as survivors and/or men’s healing spaces.
We ask that participants sign up for this opportunity only if they can attend both the virtual and in-person workshop.