Trainings & Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
OAESV Advocacy Day 2022
April 27 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
OAESV Advocacy Day 2022 – Embrace Your Voice, Build Community
Since 2013, OAESV’s Annual Advocacy Day to End Sexual Violence has provided advocates, survivors, and interested members of the public with the opportunity to express the importance of sexual violence advocacy and prevention to members of the Ohio Legislature. After the main event, the one-on-one meetings with lawmakers provide invaluable opportunities for rape crisis professionals to share insight on pending legislation and make informed requests for funding increases. It is simply the best opportunity to have our voices heard in the place where laws are made!
ASL Interpreters and English Captions will be provided.
- Wear your Advocacy Day/SAAM Apparel
- Join us for the Main Advocacy Day event 9 AM-12PM
- The morning session includes the Advocacy Day Virtual Event where you can tune in to listen to OAESV Staff, Legislators and speakers discuss important legislation and policy work related to ending sexual violence in Ohio
- Legislative Meetings: The afternoon session from 12PM-4pm is when participants can join a meeting or meetings with their legislators. If you are signed up for a meeting and need support or have questions, please email Emily Gemar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Speakers & Keynotes
- Rosie Hidalgo
- Representative Hicks-Hudson
- Shandra Witherspoon
- Indira Henard
- Mayor of Lima, Sharetta Smith
- Representative Miranda
- Terri Poore
- Lynn Rosenthal
- Senator Sherrod Brown
- Representative Galonski
- Representative Abrams